Conflict

Conflict in “She’s a Flight Risk” and “The Dionaea House”

After reading “She’s a Flight Risk” it was different than reading a book. If I am being honest, I’ve never really read a blog. I’ve learned that there are so many blogs out there. I randomly chose this one. It caught my attention as the first post reads, "On March 2, 2003 @4:12pm, I disappeared. My name is isabella v., but it’s not. I'm twentysomething and I am an international fugitive." The conflict is that isabella has escaped her arranged marriage and her life. Who is isabella v.? Is that her real name? What was her life like? There are so many questions I had while reading this blog. At the same time, I thought to myself, I would want to escape my arranged marriage as well. As the blog goes on, it’s very diary like. Which I like to read. You get to know the person and what they are thinking. Further along she had revealed that the war in Iraq had started. She also assumed that it would be safer to web log than to call someone. 

I’ve also looked into The Dionaea House which I found on creepypasta. The blog was in email form. As I am new to reading blogs it was pretty cool to read it as an email. Although, it is a horror story it also has conflict.  In the beginning of this blog between two friends, Mark and Eric, they try to figure out why Andrew did what he did. The blog is set up with emails exchanged between the two. They try to investigate on their own to find out why Andrew shot up a diner, killed two people and himself. There were some theories that I had awhile reading this. For example, I wonder if the house had some kind of effect on Andrew that drove him to do what he did. Or maybe there was a side to him that they didn't know about. As I read the blog further and further their clues that they found had slowly started to add up. 

For me, it’s important for every story to have conflict. It catches the readers attention and helps build the story. Both of these blogs have their own version of conflict. She’s a Flight Risk is an interesting read because we do not know who exactly is isabella v. We do know the conflicts that she has and what she’s trying to get away from. The blog I think was a good way to log her journey without giving away her identity. The Dionaea House for me is a little more interesting for me to read. I love to read thrillers, crime and mystery. The conversations between Mark and Eric start to come together after every email. You get to know what kind of person Andrew was and what they were all like together before everything had happened. Theres different conflict going on in each blog. In the end, I feel liked every story has a conflict and its purpose is to keep the story alive and the reader hooked. 

https://creepypasta.fandom.com/wiki/The_Dionaea_House
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23566985-the-dionaea-house
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a452/esq1003-oct-isabella/
https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/3guxwv/for_something_slightly_differentwho_was_isabella_v/



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"She's A Flight Risk"

My Favorite Photo